Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Realism vs. Reality

Realistic paintings are are usually NOT reality.
In reality, my still life set up has drawbacks...the small and too tall tabletop is crammed with stuff for three different paintings. The paintings only show the part of reality that I want them to. Wouldn't it be great if we could edit life that way? Just chop out what we don't want! Hit the Delete button and presto-chango!, no more undesirable reality. 

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."  ~John Lennon. 
Sometimes I wish I could hit a button, like Enter or Insert, that would add things I want to my reality! Wow. And I really wish I could just wave my magic paintbrush over this painting and it would be finished. Here's my Magic 8 Ball and here's my Magic Paintbrush. You can see them in Reality, and now Realism. 


Have an imaginative day! ~ellen.

No comments: